Followers

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saw the movie "Charlie Wilson's War" today. Excllent movie especially since it is basically a true story with some liberties taken I suppose. Charlie is a congressman from Texas who is responsible for securing funding from congress to provide weapons to the Afgan army to allow them to shoot down helicopters and destroy tanks to defeat the Russians in the early 1980's.

If you think one man and one woman cannot make a difference see this movie. We all make fun of our politicians and their tactics during the elections. We ,in many instinces, do not recognize that they are running the country and it is in pretty good shape right now. Maybe this is in spite of them rather than because of them . I don't know but nevertheless it is a fact.

I hope you have seen or can see the movie.

No comments: